Big Results with Cosmetic Bonding & Contouring
Bonding and contouring are simple, conservative procedures that Dr. Huffstutler can perform alone, or as a part of a larger cosmetic treatment plan (often referred to as a smile makeover).
Using composite resin (the same material used in dental fillings), Dr. Huffstutler can correct or hide a range of cosmetic issues, including chipped teeth, teeth with severe stains that cannot be treated with professional teeth whitening, gapped teeth, teeth that are shorter or have a noticeably different shape from the neighboring teeth, and more. This conservative procedure has several steps, but can usually be completed in about an hour:
- First, Dr. Huffstutler color-matches composite resin so that the bonding will blend in with your natural tooth enamel.
- Next, he cleans, polishes, and dries the tooth, then applies a conditioning liquid to the enamel to ensure a strong bond.
- He then applies the resin material directly to the tooth.
- Using a special light, Dr. Huffstutler cures the resin so that it becomes extremely hard (just like natural tooth enamel).
- Once cured, Dr. Huffstutler uses special tools to shape and polish the resin so it’s indistinguishable from the rest of your smile.
While bonding adds material to your teeth, contouring removes material. In many cases, reshaping the tooth enamel refines and perfects the overall shape, evenness, and texture of your teeth. Problems like overlapping teeth, teeth with jagged or pointy edges, and teeth that are noticeably longer than the neighboring teeth can be addressed with tooth contouring. Although each patent is different, the procedure usually involves:
- First, Dr. Huffstutler will use digital x-rays to assess the strength of your enamel. Weak, thin, or unhealthy enamel is unsuitable for contouring and can be better addressed with procedures like bonding or porcelain veneers.
- Once cleared for contouring, Dr. Huffstutler will use a series of specialized tools to shape the tooth and refine its silhouette.
- Finally, Dr. Huffstutler will polish the newly contoured tooth to a brilliant shine.
Boost Your Confidence with Bonding & Contouring
With minimal or no permanent changes to your tooth structure, cosmetic bonding and contouring can boost your confidence in your smile in just a single visit! To reserve a consultation with Dr. Huffstutler, click the banner below, or call our office in Ft. Worth, TX, today at 817-918-3038. Our office welcomes patients from all over DFW, including Dallas, North Richland Hills, Denton, the Mid-cities, Southlake, and all surrounding communities.