Do you know how to choose the right dental floss for your dental hygiene experience? Did you even know that there were different types of flosses or do you tend to reach for the nearest option in the hygiene aisle? Whatever the case, it is important to note that you have options when it comes to floss – some are better than others. However, this is not a simple cut-and-dry decision. Instead, subtle nuances come into play. The good news? It’s easy to purchase the best floss for your needs if you know what to look for. So, do you know what you’re seeking? Find out!
Quiz: Dental Floss
- True or False: Waxed floss doesn’t have a particular purpose – some people just prefer the consistency.
- True or False: If you have sensitive gums, you will simply need to be very careful during dental hygiene sessions – there’s nothing you can do to get around sensitivity during flossing.
- True or False: Flavor is an unimportant factor. You should only be focusing on the technical aspects of the floss.
- False. While some certainly prefer the consistency of waxed floss, it is often because of its benefits. The wax acts as a lubricant, making it much easier to slip the floss between teeth that are crowded.
- False. In addition to treating your gums with a gentle approach, you may purchase a dental floss that will promote comfort during your dental hygiene. Pick a package that says it’s for sensitivity – look for words like “soft,” “satin,” or “sensitivity” or try a wide tape floss.
- False. Flavor is very important. Always gravitate toward what you like, so you grow to enjoy flossing, rather than doing everything you can to avoid it!