Are you finding that when you return home from a visit that uncovers tooth decay, your friends have something to say about your upcoming filling? Perhaps one friend insists that taking care of tooth decay immediately is the best way to go. Unfortunately, your other friend may imply that you don’t really need to schedule a dental filling that quickly – after all, the cavity isn’t going anywhere, so you can wait as long as you want! Right? To find out which friend is correct (and clear up any other rumors you might have heard), consider the information presented in a quick quiz.
Dental Fillings Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you are suffering from a cavity, the best decision is always to see us for a dental filling as soon as possible.
- True or False: Waiting too long for a filling may require more complex restorative care because your tooth may break as a result of the hole in your tooth.
- True or False: Choosing a dental filling for your tooth right away can, in extreme circumstances, protect your overall health.
- True. Waiting too long to see us for a dental filling may cause you to no longer qualify for a filling. Instead, if your tooth decay has progressed significantly, you may need a root canal treatment, a crown, or both.
- True. When you have a hole (cavity) in your tooth, the chance of cracking or breaking your tooth increases significantly.
- True. If you neglect tooth decay, it can lead to infection over time because bacteria will gain entrance into your tooth. If you neglect the infection, it can eventually abscess and spread into your bloodstream, affecting your general health. We suggest you choose the filling to protect your oral and general wellbeing.