How much do you know about your preventive care? Do you assume that a dental cleaning is simply something you need if you have not been brushing and flossing your teeth well enough at home? Perhaps you are already well aware that a checkup is a wonderful way to keep your smile in excellent condition. Whatever the case, we invite you to quiz your knowledge to find out how much you really do – or do not – know about prevention.
Preventive Care Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: A dental cleaning helps prevent both tooth decay and gum disease – this is important even if you practice amazing dental hygiene at home.
- True or False: The greatest reason to schedule a dental checkup is that it allows us to recognize signs of problems early on in their development, so we may offer effective treatment.
- True or False: If you begin suffering from gum disease, you will not be able to visit us for preventive care to address the issue – we will immediately send you to a trusted periodontist.
- True. Even if you brush and floss like a pro, you cannot remove all of the plaque and tartar that lead to tooth decay and periodontal problems. We urge all patients to schedule cleanings twice a year for effective preventive care.
- True. In many cases, if you come to us when a problem has already advanced, the success rate of treatment may drop significantly. See us once every six months for a preventive care visits, so we can keep your smile healthy.
- False. We offer periodontal treatment in the form of deep cleanings and/or antibiotic therapy to begin addressing your gum inflammation (with the goal of clearing the problem).