Are you embarrassed to smile because you have crooked teeth? Braces are a common orthodontic treatment for fixing crooked teeth. Ideally, people get braces when they are still children so by the time they reach their late teens or early adulthood, they no longer are embarrassed of their teeth. Did you know that people with straight, white, attractive smiles receive more job offers, often get paid more, are considered more successful, and receive more attention? As you can see, an aesthetic smile not only boosts your self-esteem and self-confidence, it can benefit you in a variety of ways. If you are interested in getting braces treatment, find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign braces by taking the quiz below.
True or False?
- True or False: Braces treatment is not successful after the age of 18.
- True or False: Many teens and adults of all ages are too embarrassed to get braces.
- True or False: Invisalign braces are not made of metal.
- True or False: Although many people are good candidates for Invisalign, there are several reasons you may not be a good candidate.
- False: There is no age limit for braces treatment.
- True: Many teens and especially adults do not want to be seen with a “metal mouth” and, therefore, are too embarrassed to get braces.
- True: Invisalign braces are thin, clear, acrylic aligners that resemble the look of a mouth guard but are much thinner. There are multiple aligners custom fit to provide the correct movement, and each set of aligners are worn for about two weeks.
- True: Reasons you may not be a good candidate for Invisalign braces include: your malocclusion is too severe, you are suffering from tooth decay, your teeth are damaged, you are suffering from periodontal disease, you are suffering from a TMJ disorder, you are a chronic grinder and clencher (bruxer).