Everyone wants white teeth. Tooth whitening is a common treatment to revitalize your smile. Are you aware of your tooth whitening options? There are over-the-counter tooth whitening kits. There are professional whitening treatments, and there are take-home whitening kits that you can get from your dentist. Take our tooth whitening quiz below to learn more.
True or False?
- True or False: There are two types of tooth stains. One type can be removed easily while the other type can’t.
- True or False: Extrinsic stains are on the outer surface of your tooth enamel.
- True or False: You can be born with intrinsic tooth stains.
- True or False: Intrinsic stains do not respond to at-home whitening systems.
- True or False: The Kör system for intrinsic stains requires an in-office whitening treatment and a take-home treatment.
- True: There are extrinsic tooth stains and intrinsic tooth stains. Extrinsic tooth stains respond nicely to tooth whitening. Intrinsic stains do not.
- True: Extrinsic stains respond to whitening procedures because they are on the outer surface of your tooth enamel. Intrinsic tooth stains are inside your tooth dentin.
- True: Intrinsic stains can develop in utero. For instance, when expectant mothers take the antibiotic tetracycline, their babies are born with intrinsic staining.
- True: Intrinsic stains do not respond to take-home whitening systems but can respond to the two-phase Kör Deep Bleaching System.
- True: The first phase of the Kör Deep Bleaching System is an in-office power whitening treatment which takes just over an hour. The second phase involves wearing teeth whitening trays at home. For stains caused by tetracycline or other extreme stains, both phases may require repeating before optimal whitening is achieved.
ABOUT YOUR NORTH RICHLAND HILLS DENTIST:
With over 25 years of professional experience, Dr. Steven M. Huffstutler and his caring team proudly provide exceptional preventive, cosmetic, and restorative dental treatment to patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth, including North Richland Hills, Denton, the Mid-cities, Southlake, and all surrounding communities. We also have extensive experience helping patients find relief from painful TMJ disorders (various forms of jaw dysfunction). To schedule an appointment with Dr. Huffstutler, contact our office today by calling 817-577-1444.