We love New Year’s. We appreciate the opportunity to start afresh and let go of old habits (especially behaviors that can harm your dental health). However, we also just really love the excuse to have a good time. This year, there are plenty of nearby opportunities to ring out the old year in style. Whether you are looking for some family-friendly activities, or you want a sophisticated night for adults, the greater Fort Worth area has got you covered.
NYE Family Fun
If you are lucky enough to have New Year’s Eve off from work, there are lots of opportunities to spend quality time with the kids.
- Check out Adventure Landing on Coit Road in Dallas. Families can enjoy all-you-can-play mini golf, along with laser tag and go-carts for just $20 a person. The festivities last from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Of course, this New Year’s promises to be cold and wet, so you may prefer your games to be of the indoor variety. Check out Main Event, which offers bowling, laser tag, billiards, and arcade games. The entertainment center offers both daytime and nighttime fun, and prices vary accordingly.
- Although New Year’s is about looking forward to the future, you may prefer to take a step back into the past. Medieval Times is offering several shows this December 31. Shows at 4 and 7 may be more appropriate for the younger set. If you prefer your fun later in the evening, the lords and ladies will also be performing at 9:45. Along with the show, the Celebration of the Centuries includes admission to the Museum of Torture, party favors, dancing, appetizers, a four-course meal, a champagne toast, and breakfast.
Spend a Night on the Town
Maybe you’ve already hired a sitter, and you’re looking for something a little ritzier for your New Year’s celebration. Fortunately, there are plenty of other activities to choose from.
- For some classy fun, consider Swingin’ New Year’s Eve at Bass Hall. The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra presents classics of the 1940’s at 7:30. The show will be done in plenty of time for you to catch the festivities in Sundance Square. These include fireworks, champagne, and performances by Luke Dawes, as well as Dawn and Hawkes. The celebration begins at 9:30, and it is free to the public.
- Another option is the New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at Woodhaven Country Club. The fun includes champagne, cocktails, food, prizes, dancing, and a DJ. Come dressed to the nines!
ABOUT YOUR NORTH RICHLAND HILLS FAMILY DENTIST:
With over 25 years of professional experience, Dr. Steven M. Huffstutler and his caring team proudly provide exceptional preventive, cosmetic, and restorative dental treatment to patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth, including North Richland Hills, Denton, the Mid-cities, Southlake, and all surrounding communities. We also have extensive experience helping patients find relief from painful TMJ disorders (various forms of jaw dysfunction). To schedule an appointment with Dr. Huffstutler, contact our office today by calling 817-577-1444.