Do you have one or more missing teeth? Losing your teeth as an adult can make you feel self-conscious, as well as negatively impact your overall health. Thankfully, you can once again enjoy a whole and attractive smile with an innovative tooth replacement option: dental implants. Dr. Huffstutler offers this unique solution at our North Richland Hills office.
Dental Implant Quiz
- True or False: Tooth loss can make you appear older.
- True or False: Implants replace both the root and crown of a lost tooth.
- True or False: Dental implants look natural.
- True or False: You must have healthy jaw and gum tissue to receive implants.
- True. When you lose a tooth, the body immediately registers the loss of a tooth root. The body then suspends the flow of vital calcium and phosphorus doses to the jawbone. Deprived of nutrients, the jawbone dissolves, causing the patient to appear older.
- True. Unlike bridges or dentures, which only replace the visible portion of the tooth, implants act as a whole new tooth. A biocompatible post, made from titanium, will be inserted into the jaw. The bone tissue will bond with the post, securing the implant. Dr. Huffstutler will then place a restoration, in the form of a crown or dental prosthetic.
- True. Implants are designed based on impressions and images taken of your mouth. The restoration will be designed to replicate your surrounding teeth, so your new dental implant looks completely natural.
- True. You need to have an adequate amount of jawbone tissue to support the implant. If you don’t, you may require bone grafting before you can become a viable candidate for implants. Likewise, your gums need to be free of disease to avoid implant failure.
ABOUT YOUR NORTH RICHLAND HILLS DENTIST:
With over 25 years of professional experience, Dr. Steven M. Huffstutler and his caring team proudly provide exceptional preventive, cosmetic, and restorative dental treatment to patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth, including North Richland Hills, Denton, the Mid-cities, Southlake, and all surrounding communities. We also have extensive experience helping patients find relief from painful TMJ disorders (various forms of jaw dysfunction). To schedule an appointment with Dr. Huffstutler, contact our office today by calling 817-577-1444.